Download our Demo Cards with an overview of each demonstration per pilot site.
The special focus of this pilot is on combining the promotion of e-cars with car sharing, and the use of stationary batteries to balance peak demand from charging stations. It includes new housing projects built to avoid privately owned cars, charging facilities at intermodal hubs, and the use of second life car batteries as stationary storage.
The focus in the pilot is on both home charging, charging in public spaces, and charging in intermodal hubs.
EV type and purpose
In Bremen both privately owned and shared person cars are part of the pilot. Besides, public transportation buses will be integrated in the experiments.
Renewable Energy Source
• How to combine and operate stationary energy storage facilities (batteries) and on-site volatile (PV) energy supply with the needs of charging electric vehicles in a car-sharing situation as a major contribution to the “Energiewende”
• How to integrate and operate a low-cost battery-based charging solution in existing buildings by using second-life (used) EV-batteries
• How a fleet management platform for EVs can be combined with booking of charging facilities in a user-friendly way to:
a) enhance the reliability of recharging options and
b) optimize the charging process with respect to cost and use of green energy
• How to promote public-owned intermodal EV-car-sharing stations with recharging options in such a way that people are encouraged to use car-sharing thus relieving the city dramatically from parked cars (SUMP element). An example of such a EV-car-sharing station is “mobilpunkt” (= mobility point). This station is a specialty in Bremen pilot.
• How to integrate e-car sharing in new housing developments – as core element of a wider mobility management – to reduce the number of private cars (SUMP element)
News & Events
9th Informed Cities Forum: "Re-purpose. Re-charge. Re-think. Heritage and e-mobility at the crossroads" Organised under the title: "Re-purpose. Re-charge. Re-think. Heritage and e-mobility at the crossroads", the 9th edition of
International Workshop on Smart and Sustainable MobilityThe 2nd International Workshop on Smart and Sustainable Mobility (SSUM-2021), will be held in conjunction with the 35th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking
European Sustainable Cities and Towns ConferenceHosted by the City of Mannheim, and ICLEI Europe, the European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns will open its doors for the 9th time from 30 September -
Online event: Urban Mobility Days - Zero-emission mobility for allFrom the 29th of September until the 2nd of October, the online event Urban Mobility Days will be organised. The European
The call for applications for the 9th EU SUMP Award is officially launched from 15 June 2020. For this award edition, the theme of the SUMP Award is "Zero emission mobility for all". Applications
The GreenCharge project coordinates an Uptake Cities Group (UCG). This document summarises the second webinar – Roadmaps to e-mobility – of the five included as part of the Uptake Cities
Within the GreenCharge project, you hear a lot of jargon related to sustainable mobility and electric vehicles (EVs). In this article we explain three of those concepts: energy management, flexible
"Driving into a cleaner future" GreenCharge is present at the European EV Charging Summit Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands Date: 27-28 May 2020 This year's second edition of the European EV
Dissemination workshop of the GreenCharge European Project Location: University of Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Caserta, Italy Date: 15-17 April 2020 Colocated with the 34th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2020)