Download our Demo Cards with an overview of each demonstration per pilot site.
This pilot focuses particularly on L-category Electric Vehicles (LEVs); especially electric scooters. The pilot aims at fostering the development of new mobility services in the form of an e-scooter sharing fleet with a two-fold objective; on the one hand, it will help to reduce the big existing fleet, that is mainly based on fossil-fuelled motorbikes and scooters; on the other hand, it will help to raise awareness on electro-mobility and let users experience EV performance and usability before taking the decision of purchasing an own EV. Furthermore, the characteristics of LEV batteries enable the development of battery swapping strategies that can be charged in battery hubs. The demonstrator clusters the piloting of several services and technologies to enhance the current e-scooter sharing business case, namely smart charging management in the battery hubs to minimize grid impact and foster renewable energy usage, the geo-location of assets, the control of battery health and charge optimization to extend lifespan and booking services.
In this pilot the charging will take mainly in public and private parking garages.
EV type and purpose
Barcelona will focus on light electric vehicles (LEVs) as part of sharing fleets to enhance mobility options in the city without increasing the number of vehicles. An additional use case will demonstrate acceptance of in-company charging spot booking for a multi-site company using privately owned cars by employees.
Renewable Energy Source
The smart charging management will enable to explore the potentials of PV panels installations in combination (or not) with second-life stationary batteries. Furthermore, the use of green energy either through taking into account the global energy mix or supplied by a certified green energy provider will be exploited as an added-value for the sharing company.
• How fleet managers and user of shared EVs avoid range anxiety by improving range estimation through battery health monitoring and driving pattern performance (smart geolocation assets applications).
• How smart management of charging solutions such as battery swapping hubs can balance energy demand for EV battery charging, other local loads (parking lots or building).
• How EV fleets can improve performance (minimization of recharging downtimes) by introducing charge booking and energy hubs.
• EV sharing services will help to increase users’ (individuals or companies) acceptance to use and buy EVs for transportation in urban areas.
• New business models related to smart billing solutions (battery swapping hubs, and shared private and public charging points) will improve stakeholder and end user acceptance.
• Companies will can increase employee loyalty or attract talent by covering needs linked to their mobility profiles (offering in-company charging point spots).
News & Events
International Workshop on Smart and Sustainable MobilityThe 2nd International Workshop on Smart and Sustainable Mobility (SSUM-2021), will be held in conjunction with the 35th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking
European Sustainable Cities and Towns ConferenceHosted by the City of Mannheim, and ICLEI Europe, the European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns will open its doors for the 9th time from 30 September -
Online event: Urban Mobility Days - Zero-emission mobility for allFrom the 29th of September until the 2nd of October, the online event Urban Mobility Days will be organised. The European
The call for applications for the 9th EU SUMP Award is officially launched from 15 June 2020. For this award edition, the theme of the SUMP Award is "Zero emission mobility for all". Applications
The GreenCharge project coordinates an Uptake Cities Group (UCG). This document summarises the second webinar – Roadmaps to e-mobility – of the five included as part of the Uptake Cities
Within the GreenCharge project, you hear a lot of jargon related to sustainable mobility and electric vehicles (EVs). In this article we explain three of those concepts: energy management, flexible
"Driving into a cleaner future" GreenCharge is present at the European EV Charging Summit Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands Date: 27-28 May 2020 This year's second edition of the European EV
Dissemination workshop of the GreenCharge European Project Location: University of Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Caserta, Italy Date: 15-17 April 2020 Colocated with the 34th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2020)
With all the environmental benefits you would think that electric driving is booming right now. But unfortunately it isn’t. The main reason for people not to buy an electric car