For App users
The GreenCharge project (www.greencharge2020.eu) is a research project under EUs Horizon 2020 programme. The project will support the transition to zero-emission and sustainable mobility. The solutions are being tested in Barcelona, Bremen and Oslo. SINTEF coordinates GreenCharge and has the overall responsibility. SINTEF AS is an independent and non-profit research organization based in Norway.
By agreeing to use the GreenCharge App, you are giving consent to the project to collect your charging data for research purposes. It is optional to give your consent to data collection and you can withdraw your consent at any time without giving reasons.
We need data on your and others EV charging to:
- Know when and how much the EVs are charging
- Analyse how to optimize the charging (for example, to avoid larger upgrades for the grid, increase use of solar energy, reduce electricity costs)
- Simulations on possible future scenarios
We will use your charging data only to the purpose we have described here. All data will be handled confidentially and in conformance to the regulations related to data privacy and data protection. Only anonymized data will be included in public reports and articles. Participants will not be recognized in the publications.
The GreenCharge project will end by February 28, 2022 according to the plan. After project ends, your data will be stored on a secure server in maximum 6 months before they are deleted. This is to give the project time to analyze the data and facilitate the final project publications after project ends.
As long as you can be identified in the data materials, you have the right to get insight on what personal data is registered on you, correct, delete or get a copy of your personal data, and send complaint to the privacy ombudsman or the Norwegian Data Protection Authority about the processing of your personal data.
We process your data based on your consent. The Norwegian Centre for Research Data has approved the data collection and processing.
If you have questions, need more information, or want to use your rights, please contact:
- Marit K. Natvig, SINTEF: +47 957 06 749 / Marit.K.Natvig@sintef.no
- Hanne Liland Bottolfsen, SINTEF: +47 41514642 / email@example.com
- SINTEF’s privacy ombudsman: Lasse A. Raa: +47 55 58 20 59/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSD – Norwegian Centre for Research Data, +47 55 58 21 17 / email@example.com